Although you can use Appath to ship to military addresses like APO/AFO/FPO etc., please note that Appath is limited to the restrictions laid out by the individual carriers. For example, UPS does not accept military addresses. As for FedEx, you can always use their SmartPost Service to ship to military addresses.
USPS supports delivery to military addresses, however they do have certain restrictions and addressing tips that are good to be kept in mind then filling out order information for these types of orders.
Please find below some guidelines for Military Address when shipping via Appath:
1. Write out the service member’s full name in the name field. Be sure to include their Unit as well on Address Line 1.
2. The city field will need to be one of the abbreviations set forth by the Military:
- APO: Army Post Office
- FPO: Fleet Post Office
- DPO: Diplomatic Post Office
3. The Region field for your order needs to be assigned a “state code,” which is categorized by the following abbreviations:
- AA: Armed Forces Central and South Americas (Armed Forces Americas)
- AP: Armed Forces Pacific
- AE: Armed Forces Europe (including-Canada, Middle East, and Africa)
4. Set the country as the United States, as these address are considered part of the U.S.
Military Shipments and DHL Global Mail
Since these addresses are considered part of the U.S. and therefore domestic mail, you will not be able to process them through a direct DHL Global Mail integration because these can only create labels for international shipments. Therefore, you will need to process these types of shipments through Endicia’s integration of DHL Global Mail for domestic services.
The services available with DHL Global Mail domestic through Endicia are: DHL GM Parcel Expedited, DHL GM Parcel Plus Expedited, DHL GM Parcel Ground, and DHL GM Parcel Plus Ground.