If you wish to set up a Zebra Thermal Printer (such as the Zebra LP 2844 or ZP 450) on your Mac, this can easily be done by following the steps outlined below:
1. First, make sure that your printer’s USB cable is connected to your Mac. Then, go to System Preferences and click on Print & Scan,
2. Go to the ‘+‘ sign at the bottom left,
3. Choose the printer from the list and then choose Select Printer Software from the Use drop down menu,
4. Type ‘Zebra’ in the search bar at the upper-right, then locate the available Zebra driver from the Printer Software options. Choose Zebra EPL2 Label Printer and then click OK. We’ve found that this driver works best with the Zebra LP 2844 and the Zebra ZP 450.
5. Once the appropriate driver has been selected, simply click on Add,
That’s it. Your printer has been successfully installed.