Since FedEx and UPS have already adopted dimensional pricing, including box dimensions is very important so that you get the most accurate pricings on your rate quotes.
While most of the marketplaces are not sending over this information, it’s very easy to enter it on an order-by-order basis using the Order Details pop-up. However, an even faster way to go about doing this is to create Automation Rules that apply dimensions to orders as they import into your Appath account.
Also, before starting setting up these features, please go ahead and further look into the box sizes that fit your products and even swap out boxes for poly bags wherever possible (like for apparel).
For a step by step on how to apply dimensions using automation rules, please check our instructions below:
1. Go to Settings, top right section:
2. Click on Order Automation Rules:
3. Go to New Rule (top right):
4. A new pop-up window will come up, that will allow you to give this new rule a Name,
But it will also give you 2 options to choose from. While the first option is pretty self explanatory (it will process this rule for all incoming orders), the second one will only apply to the orders that have a specific filter (for more info about filters and how to create them, please go to this post).
5. Once you choose which option best fits this new rule, you will need to go and choose the right action for it. In order to do this, you will need to first click on Actions at the top and then, the Add an Action button:
6. A new drop-down will come up that will allow you to choose from a list of actions, the one that we are looking for: Set Package Dimensions,
7. As soon as you choose this from the drop-down, 3 new boxes will come up next to it that will allow you to choose the right dimensions. Once you’re finished, simply click on Add an Order Automation Rule and that’s it.