If you wish to add new products manually, you will need to follow the below instructions:
1. Go to Inventory,
2. Click on Add Product, and on the new pop-up window enter the Name of the product (mandatory) and its Description,
3. Once you click on Save & edit all details, a new page will come up that will include a couple of sections that will allow you to further select your product’s features:
- Product Details:
– Name: title of the product
– SKU: short for Stock Keeping Unit – a product identifier / a unique code that you want to use for this product.
– Description: a few paragraphs to better describe your product
– Category: choose from a list of categories that were already created by you (such as Electronics, Books, etc.)
– Vendor: choose from a list of vendors that were already added by you, or simply add a new one
– Warehouse: choose where the product is located
- Product & Variants:
Attributes are meant as different styles of the product, whereas the variants are the attributes’ values.
For example, if you set as an attribute the Size, the variant will be either Large, Medium or Small. This means that adding a Large Tshirt will look like this (where Size and Color are the attributes and Large and Blue are the variants):
In this section, you will simply need to click on Add Images and this will allow you to choose files from your computer to add them to your product.
Here, you can add keywords to easily identify your products. The tags can match their attributes, variations, etc. In order to add tags, you will simply need to type in the words and add a coma ‘,‘ after each tag. They should look like this:
If your product is ready to be displayed for all your customers to see, simply choose Visible (everybody can see it). However, if you are not done tweaking it, you can choose Hidden (nobody can see it) and this will allow you to still work on it before making it ready for sale.
That’s it. Don’t forget to click Save, once you’re done.